Laurel, Maryland
13.2K views

I submitted a payment for $500 and after security review they declined it for no good reason. They told me to take cash to one of their locations. They did not request any information to assess whether there was a security risk or not. They must have me on a black list.

HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT THAN REFUSING TO SERVE BLACK PEOPLE IN A RESTAURANT??

My credit score is 720+ and I have no criminal record. There was nothing provided for them to base their decision to decline OTHER THAN MY ETHNICITY AND NAME.

I THINK MONEYGRAM DISCRIMINATES AGAINST MY ETHNIC GROUP!!!

Reason of review: Pissed for bad treatment.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

• moneygram complaints

Comments

The same has happened to my boyfriend and I. An interracial couple

also used moneygram and was declined and lost my money also

Mine i still have to wait reason money gram blocked me and my wife needs my help tried after 1 week still same issue i wonder if no other system can be done to unlock that money stuff

Don't give someone a verification # to give to the recipient., They go to pick up some money...could be $30.00...then tell the receiver sorry its been cancelled.. Never was a word given, to the giver or the receiver, until the money was to be picked up.

Just saying... Don't know why, to receiver, don't know why to sender.

What stinks about this situation?? Caucasian, Semi-middle class, outspoken...

Same thing here I am trying to send money to Ukraine and my transaction was rejected at the same time my account was blocked for no reason I called them several times to prove my identity but they don't want to listen anything they just say I didn't pass a security check. After getting blocked on MoneyGram I went online on Ria transfers and try to do the same trick there but I was blocked again it looks like all these companies are doing Security checks now and we just need to crack what exactly is wrong with us

@VladLabeo

I've been sending money to a friend for a few years, through Moneygram. Then suddenly this week they blocked my account, with no explanation.

I also tried Ria online, but got refused through them too. Did you find another money transfer site that let you use them?

I tried to send some money today but I was told it was declined they didn’t explain why it’s really confusing at times

I tryed sending money to someone I know and was told that they couldn't pick it up.not happy need to send over 600 pounds before the 12 of this month please help

@Deborah arch

There’s a way you can get it send. Contact me on freason34@gmail.com

Doesn't seem like anyone answered your above question comparing it to refusing to serve black people: Restaurant: restaurant location; won't take your money at all; not helpful/informative about where to go; dirty looks; threats to call police/security to be removed; probably facing federal discrimination suits MoneyGram: they took your money at one point; told you where to go to get service; doesn't sound like there were any dirty looks Hope this helps a bit.

@Horseface

Very helpful, thanks!

Same thing happened here i have been supporting a woman i like and going to go see in uman i tried sending money for washing machine and dryer for children and was declined moneygram felt un safe sending but i sent 100s in the past. I wrote corporate so we will see.

The ethnicity thing could be true they just declined my transactions after uploading my ID , the system said locked my account and transaction declined. I don't know if they see that you're dark skin, automatically they have to deny you. That's very sad.

Same happened with me. My daughter live in Ukraine and I helping her family many years.Since July, 2018 money gram begin rejected my transaction without any explanation .

I'm US citizen, scores above 800, no criminal records.

I think this is discrimination of national origin. We need united and do something my e-[mail: tmedinskaya@cfl.rr.com

Just happened to me. And this is my 1st time using this POS company.

I went to cvs and they got a denied. Contacted MG and dumb rep said to go back and try again. So I sent an email and got this BS response of they deleted my profile and I can no longer use MG.

*** I never used them before and you don’t have to tell me twice b damn if I’ll give them any business. CROOKS

@Ron W

Same thing happened to me here in New hampshire

i got locked out with no reason.

@Anonymous

I got locked out for no reason also definitely won't use this company again

All years I used Moneygram for sending money my daughter in Ukraine. Country has very difficult time to restore economics and fits Russian aggression.

People no have jobs. I'm working in US more that 20 years,US citizen, my scores between 800 and 900. Yesterday I was driving between Moneygram locations and cannot send money-transactions were rejected without no reason. Twice I did call to Moneygram , but no have explanation.

Usually I send $300. What this is national origin discrimination?

Service like this must be closed and sued.My online account is blocked. I think, when on our country was terrorist's attacks ,Moneygram service was blind and not closed accounts and not decline transactions of terrorist;s helpers.

I am not black, but I had same situation, my credit is 794, and never had any problem with law, in 2 years through moneygram I sent around $15K, and 2 weeks ago all off a sudden they closed my account, I sent money, they reject transaction and no explanation, All they said use another service your account is blocked.

Moneygram Reviews