New Fairfield, Connecticut
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Bought tickets to a festival from a person located in Maryland.Gave seller my address and phone number so they could FedEX my tickets.

Spoke with the seller several times. The agreed to plan was for the seller to FedEX me the tickets, and I would send them $470 via Money gram (They insisted on using Money gram). I went to Money gram and put $470 on account for my tickets. I was given a Reference Number to give to my ticket seller once my tickets arrived.

Was told this number is confidential and protects me and not to give it to anyone. The tickets never arrived, I called the seller and the phone has been disconnected. I called Money gram to get my funds back and was told the $470 was picked up within 15 minutes of my depositing the the funds. I asked how could that happen, was told by the Money gram Complaint department the Seller called Money gram, and gave them, my address and phone number and that Authorized Money gram to give the seller My Confidential Reference Code.

This is crazy! Of course the seller had my address and phone number as they were going to send me tickets. Money gram has No Security, Don't use them, I'm reporting them to my Attorney General for the State of Connecticut. I have also filed a fraud report with the police.

Money gram will not refund my funds.Never Again will I use Money gram

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with turning them into the better business bereau and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service is worse i have ever experienced. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of moneygram customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $470. Moneygram needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned moneygram customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Moneygram.

Had an Experience with Moneygram?

Comments