Dawson, Yukon Territory
Additional Fees

They took $3375 (+$137 fee) CASH, told me it would be available to the receiver in ten minutes.When the receiver showed up they told him to tell me to call them.

I did. After ten minutes on hold and two managers and lots of questions, they said I needed to return to the moneygram location and have them call me. I returned to the post office where I got it, and they called. Moneygram asked them questions for ten minutes, then asked me questions for ten minutes, then disconnected us.

We did it all over again. They grilled me about how I knew the receiver ("how many times a week do you see him?, etc, etc..."). I answered all their questions, despite it being NONE of their business. I gave them CASH.

Meanwhile the receiver is waiting desperately at his moneygram, while he should be at work, until he has to leave without the money that would have gotten us a new car. Finally, Moneygram tells me they will NOT RELEASE my money, and must refund me. They then give me a check! It is from a bank that it not in this town, and since I don't have an account with the bank here, it is useless.

The last time I tried to use them they also made it very difficult.

They are hoping that maybe 5% of people never jump through all these hoops and they can just keep the money!Moneygram is a scam!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Whatisyourexcuse stated that there is a room for improvement of moneygram stole from me. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of moneygram money transfer and associated monetary loss in the amount of $3512. Moneygram needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned moneygram money transfer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Moneygram.

Had an Experience with Moneygram?

Comments