3.4K views
Resolved
1.2
Privacy and Data Security

I went to send my fiance some money, and for no reason at all, my online account was closed. When I asked why, she said she didn't know, and there was nobody for me to talk to in order to find out, either.

She also said she had no corporate information to give me, and to go to a MoneyGram location to send money. Why would I do that and give them my money for this nonsense? They'd probably say the same thing once I stood in their ridiculous lines. Waste of gas, money, and time.

I've been sending money with this company for years. What's wrong with them? No recourse or appeal department? I'd say their customer service is one of the worst I've experienced.

And, they refused to let me send money to a woman I knew in Africa last year. They have a serious problem. I will never do business with them again ...

even if they resolve this somehow. Isn't there a government agency who deals with complaints like this?

Product or Service Mentioned: Moneygram Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Closed my Online Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Closing my account for no reason.

Comments

you are a no good rotten company you closed my online account. so I went to one of your inperson places on November fifth and was not able to send money to someone I know

I have been using moneygram for over 10 years to send money to family. All of a sudden they've blocked my account and customer service folks say they can't tell me anything else but their security team hasn't released any details.

They don't have any integrity as a company. I've never been so worked up by such a ruse. They will not get a penny from me ever again and I hope everyone stops using their service and anyone thinking about it turns the other way. I hope they go out of business.

No accountability at all. They've conditioned their CS representatives to say the same thing.

i've noted what others have said on this thread. What a joke!

They have closed my account for NO reason! Sending money to my family and friends to USA.

Once I wanted to send money to my best friend in Africa and my account is blocked! And of course there's no one to explain me anything! They don't know! It's ridiculous!

I'm pissed off.

Why do you offer sending money to everywhere if it's not true? It's my money and I decide who get it!

The same thing happen to me de activate my account and they had no reason why they do that, I talked from India, I am mad......

YES, YES, YES. Exactly same thing happened with me.

They closed the account with NO REASON. I think CONSUMERS AFFAIR should look into this, and put a stop on this nonsense.

They have done the same thing with my account. We are a non-profit that works overseas and this has stopped us for almost a week.

Why would they do this? I have been sending weekly for years to the same people. No one I call or get transferred to can help. They they me to go do it in person.

I did. Three times at three different Wal-Marts.

I already do them in person every time. Then they disconnected me

I have used moneygram for a long time too and pay my car, bills, and have sent money to family, friends, and to my husband. I have been living in Morocco with my husband for over 9 months now.

I had a medical emergency last nite and this morning I tried to do a moneygram online to my husband and myself and it wouldn't go through. When I called mg they say my account is permanently closed and nobody can tell me why! I cannot believe these people!

Could they not have sent me an email to advise me to contact them? Unbelievable!!!

I completely agree!What an unprofessional, pathetic and frankly, worthless company.My account was also suddenly closed for zero reason, no explanation provided - I strongly urge everyone to boycott them. I regret signing up and will do my best to warn others off them.

I too had this problem. Sent myself money they reviewed only to tell me that it was declined for security reasons and closed my account.

Tried to make new account with new email.

They have blocked my name and number from doing so. Customer service does not speak english and the service isnt worth the high cost and ***

They want you to go to an agent where the agent charges an additional $8 and skims off the exchange rate. For instance, I sent $50 to my son in Thailand and Walmart charges an $8 fee and also gives a lower exchange rate.

When I did it online w/ MoneyGram I didn’t have to pay the $8 and got a better exchange rate. Now, they cancelled my account and said it was security reasons. I called BS on them. Going to contact BBB and State AG.

Nobody could give me a reason except their security system. ***

*** money gram.. *** closed my account no reasonSons of ***

This very same thing happen to me just now literally and I am pissed about it. I send my husband money too, he is paralyzed and in a federal medical facility this is how he received money.

Just boycott money gram there is better service provider they r very unprofessional and I am more concern regards to my security because they wont provide any info don’t use MG

TERRIBLE!

absolutely the worst customer service. No supervisor to talk to..rep on the phone was extremely rude and said she couldn't tell me why my account was closed.

Then..hung up. Thanks MoneyGram.

People wake up.. Just boycott Moneygram.Just boycott Moneygram.Just boycott Moneygram.Just boycott Moneygram.

*** Moneygram Very Stupid people . I .

Moneygram idiots talk about system but they don't have a clue what's on

Moneygram and western union both are jerks