Los Angeles, California
13.5K views 33 comments

The refund policy really doesn't help the customer.A lost or stolen money order will take moneygram up to 30 days sometimes 60 days to refund your money!And this is another slap in the face of the customer...MONEYGRAM WILL NOT PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON THE MONEY ORDER!..until they have processes the paperwork and refunded your money, but in the mean time your money order is still out there and able to be cashed.

And if cashed that's another delay. Before you buy a moneygram money order. DON'T..just overnite the money or payment, Less stressful and will not cost you the amount of money you are sending ,the cost of moneygram, the postage,plus 37 dollars, you have to pay moneygram to refund a lost or stolen money order. 15 dollars for processing fees and 22 dollars if you want your refund overnited to you.

which could take up to 30-60 days.TO MUCH TROUBLE.

Review about: Moneyorder.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $300
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Moneygram?

Comments

beachnative45
Irvine, California, United States #1278637

I am a landlord and this is so true. A renter of mine just keeps getting the run around from Money Gram. MG wants $42 to investigate, then $24 for copy of each cashed MO, it goes on and on.

diana mcgowan
Harvey, Louisiana, United States #1276668

yes would like a stop on a money order purchase the money order num isR206809574257 my cell phone num is 504-237-5806

Fontana, California, United States #1259301

MoneyGram is a joke the operators don't speak goo English and it's hard to understand them , one hung up in my face. F MoneyGram for life

Manteca, California, United States #1202866

This will be the last time I ever use this company. Customer service is horrible, the language barrier is even worse, If you want you're money order cancelled, good luck.the hoops you must jump through is equal to a 10 mile run..John in elko NV

The post office money orders are more expensive to buy initially but they don't charge expensive fees if it's found more than a year after date of issue like MoneyGram and Western Union, or to refund your money.

Purchased 2 Money Orders and lost them in transit.6-8 weeks to get the refund was the script they kept reading me off, even the supervisors regurgitated the same lines.

Being backed by the federal reserve they could not push the refund any quicker and would not try to do anything to expedite the refund.

Now I have to pay an additional $30 to process the stop payment and refund.(Insert angry face here) 1st and last time I purchase anything from Western Union

James1
San Bernardino, California, United States #1129822

I have money order totaling $600.Payee refuses to except as payment..

Money order already filled out and I want a refund ..What do I do ?

to James1 Manteca, California, United States #1202881

I'm John in Elko NV.you want to know what to do?? So far for me it's been take a foreign language and drink with what's left of you're patience..good luck

unknown
California, United States #1105350

someone called in as moneygram, i didnt notice it was someone else because i was so busy i got confused and did what the person on the phone was telling me to do. They stole money and i informed the police station about it.

It happened the same to me. Moneygram does not protect the consumer in any circumstance