Here's the email I just sent to MoneyGram. I have never been so disgusted by company customer service in my entire life:

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing in reference to my dealings with MoneyGram International today and the disgusting treatment I received from your staff on your so-called "customer care team" (particularly the individual member of staff highlighted below)

I contacted MoneyGram this afternoon after trying to process a request online yesterday for my younger brother who is currently in Bangkok without any form of funds after being robbed. I received an email to my personal email [account details below] stating I needed to contact MoneyGram to provide further information to process the transaction.

I contacted MoneyGram at 16:51 [see Attachment A] and was on the phone for 15 minutes, an 0800 number - costing me per minute of the call, in which I provided the necessary information for the transaction and was informed that that transaction was being processed and would be successful. The call then promptly disconnected.

I immediately called back at 17.06 and was connected to the worst "customer service" representative I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

I explained the situation and provided the details of the transaction and was promptly informed that the transaction had been declined due to the disconnection and that there was nothing further that could be done. When asked whether I could process this elsewhere - online or instore - I was informed repeatedly with no care whatsoever for the situation that I was in that there was nothing that could be done. I requested to speak to a manager or to a complaints team, to which I was informed that "there were no managers at MoneyGram" and that the complaints team "did not take calls". I pressed this matter further and was informed by this utterly uncaring "customer service" advisor, that I was "confused", implied I was a liar when I stated I had called earlier [see the empirical evidence that this was not the case in Attachment A] and informed that as I was "confused I could not be helped further", the so-called "customer service" advisor refused to pass over any further contact details for complaints, or the details of herself, when I stated that I had already called a number of times and that each call cost me money and minutes I was informed that "yes, you've already said that three times so you should just hang up" and then disconnected the call stating I should "call back when I've had time to think". This call lasted 37 minutes.

When calling back for the third time in just over an hour, at 17:55, I spoke to an individual who gave his name as "Alex" and refused to give me a contact for customer services via email, stating everything must be done via the website [a totally false statement], when I pressed this matter he hung up on me with no further information.

I am utterly disgusted and appalled with this treatment. I have never encountered such apathetic "customer service" in my entire life. If this is MoneyGram's version of "customer service" I would hate to see what the company version of "customer help" would be. At no point was I served by any individual - I left the calls feeling frantic, upset and extremely anxious. I am furious and frustrated at the total disregard for any customer using the service, I have now been placed in a shocking position of trying to resolve this situation with my brother but feeling totally helpless in anyway after the utterly foul treatment presented by all of the representatives of the MoneyGram customer service teams.

I will not hesitate to broadcast this experience across all social media networks and platforms and will be informing my extensive and respected client list, as shown in the link below, of this experience; encouraging them to cut any ties with MoneyGram in their personal or business dealings in the immediate future.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of failure and refusal to deliver and not correcting problems. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of moneygram customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5000. Moneygram needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned moneygram customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Moneygram.

Had an Experience with Moneygram?

Comments