I sent money to my childrens caregiver.

He went to pick up the money but the bank advised him to come back in 24 hours because it was too early. Meanwhile the bank had started the process before he was advised to come back.

The caregiver went back today 1/11/2021 but the bank was under construction.

He went to another branch. The branch advised him to go back to the original branch where he started but the original branch was under construction.

The only option was for the sender to recall the money. I call Moneygram to refund the money so I can send it back. It took me an hour for me to actually get to somebody for this money to be refunded.

I understand and appreciate that the company had to do verification before the money is refunded.

My concern in this issue is that the worker advised me to look for another receiver because the company was not comfortable with the receiver.

Where is the fault of the receiver. Moneygram advised me that the money is available.

The bank did not verify maturity date before opening the account.

I dont see myself or the receiver at fault in this issue. I dont have another caregiver for my children so I need this rectified.

I appreciate Moneygram but I will need this rectified .

happy new year thank you

User's recommendation: Advice to customers should be specific with time to pick up money sent.

Preferred solution: The blame and distrust on the receiver should be removed .

Location: Oxon Hill, Maryland