I work at a travel agent that operates Western Union transactions; we require ID for both senders and recipients, and a receiver *must* have a valid transaction number for the payout to go ahead.

Clearly that is not the case with this circus. Had a gumtree item allegedly being sent on the understanding that I'd give the sender the transaction number once I'd received the item.

No item received, no transaction number sent by me; yet the scammer still managed to take full payment despite not having the number that is allegedly required to process a payout.

Better yet, because the transfer was "successfully" completed: I can't get my money back.

Complete joke of a service. Someone should not be able to receive a payment with nothing other than a sender's name and transaction amount. Awful.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $80. The author is overall dissatisfied with Moneygram. The most disappointing about moneygram wire transfer from Moneygram was undependable rendering of service, fraudulent operations and apparent ease of abuse , but reviewer liked being royaly screwed. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Moneygram.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cash Services category for more informed decision or compare Moneygram to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Moneygram?

Comments